Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Roundup: NYC Talk, GradHacker, ...

An invitation for those in NYC: on Thursday, March 28, I'm delighted to be presenting on my dissertation and comics as a new form of scholarship at Adelphi University's Manhattan campus. In addition to sharing work from the dissertation and exploring distinct ways that comics can present meaning - I also plan to engage attendees in a comics-making exercise or two. Come on out!

Thursday, March 28, 2013 from 6:30pm to 9:30pm At Adelphi Manhattan Center. 
75 Varick St (at Canal) NYC
 The event is free and all are welcome - registration details: http://comic-theory.eventbrite.com 

Can't make it - or want a teaser? I spoke at a conference at The Ohio State University last fall, and they've just posted the video of my talk intercut with the slides I shared, online here. It's rare to have these things documented, so grateful to the Art Education dept at OSU for hosting a great gathering and making this archive.

Last week, my dissertation received a kind mention in an article by Andrea Zellner on the GradHacker site, along with video dissertation abstracts and other alternative dissertation thoughts. It's online here:

http://www.insidehighered.com/blogs/gradhacker/dissertation-2-minutes-long

Also, just today, Professor Pelle Falk of Sweden integrated my rhizomatic page from Ch2 into a Prezi he created on rhizomatic learning. It's on Prezi here.

New pages are overdue - I've been plugging away on them, so hoping later this week. - Nick





No comments: